Mince meat sauce is one of those sauces that can go well with a lot of things, Rice (yes, rice!), Pasta, Spaghetti, Cous Cous and many more, depending on how crazy you wanna get :D. The beauty of this recipe is that it only takes 20 minutes to make and its so yummy, OMG.
INGREDIENTS: 100-150g of mince meat (lean mince meat – for my healthy guys or quorn mince for my vegetarians), 1 Onion (red or white), 2 medium sized tomatoes (or 1 tin of chopped tomatoes), 3 Bell peppers (Red, Yellow, Green) or Frozen mixed peppers, 1 scotch bonnet, Vegetable oil, Salt, Knor cubes, Curry, Thyme, Garlic & Ginger mince and Ground mixed spice
STEP ONE: Wash your hands guys!!!
- Using a chopping board, dice the onion, scotch bonnet, bell peppers and fresh tomatoes into small even pieces. If you’re using tin tomatoes and frozen peppers, you only need to dice your onion and scotch bonnet and keep to one side.
- Grab a deep frying pan or a wok – add 5-7 tsp of vegetable oil and place on your stove on medium heat-high heat.
- After 2 minutes, add the scotch bonnet and diced onions into your heated pan and lightly stir around for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in 1 tsp of garlic and ginger mince – stir
- Add in your mince and stir into the satay-ed onions – keep stirring for about 5 minutes till the mince turns grey-ish on all sides.
- Add in your diced peppers or frozen mixed peppers and stir for 2 minutes. You can add in a few tsp of oil if needed and keep the heat to medium.
- Add in your chopped tomatoes or tin of chopped tomatoes and stir thoroughly in the pan. Leave to fry for another 5-7 minutes with constant stirring to avoid burning.
- After 5-7 minutes, add in 2tsp of curry, half a tsp of salt, 1 tsp of thyme, 1 tsp of ground mixed spice and 2 (crushed) knor cubes and thoroughly mix into the mince.
- Leave to fry for another 3 minutes and taste.
- You can add some black pepper for those who like it really spicy – try not to add more salt though but perhaps another knor cube.
- Turn off the stove and leave the pan to fry till the heat goes completely out
- Your mince meat sauce is ready to be served!
Remember guys, send me pictures of your dishes or tag us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @yemideskitchen. If you’ve got any recipe requests, feel free to contact us directly on here or e-mail @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Ciao!