Look at how the sun paid us a visit this summer guys…WAWU, summer is officially here!!! So lets bring out all our cold drinks and enjoy the sunshine while it last. I’ve got an awesome and super simple Mocktail recipe for you that would blow your taste buds and keep you so chilled under this beautiful sun. I bring to you, a Yemides’ Kitchen special “Ye-Hito” which is my little spin on a Mohito mocktail. Better grab a tall glass cos you’re gonna wish you made more after this.
INGREDIENTS: Ice, Fresh raspberries, Mint leaves, 1 Lime, 1 Lemon and 7up (you could also use Soda water, Lemonade or Sprite).
- Yes, I know you’re only making a drink this time, but you still gotta wash them hands y’all!
- Grab a tall glass – this is where all your ingredients will go into.
- Wash about 5-7 raspberries (depending on how much you like raspberries) and add into your glass. Note: if your’re not a fan of raspberries you can eliminate them and carry on the next step, it just means you’ll be having a Virgin Ye-Hito!
- Using the back of a tablespoon, carefully crush the raspberries in your glass untill all the juices come out.
- Grab a knife and cut 1 lemon in half and 1 lime in half.
- Place a little strainer on top of your glass, and squeeze the lemon and lime halves over it so the juices go into your glass without any seeds.
- Add 5-7 mint leaves into your glass and using your table spoon, stir thoroughly till all the ingredients are mixed together.
- Fill up your glass with ice.
- Add in your 7up/lemonande/soda water or sprite to fill up the glass.
- Using the long part of a table spoon, stir the contents of the glass gently.
- You can also add a piece of red grape on top and 2 mint leaves for garnishing – this is just for presentation!
- And your Ye-Hito or Virgin Ye-Hito is ready to drink.
Let me know what you think of this recipe guys, don’t forget to e-mail me pictures of your drinks to firstname.lastname@example.org or DM me on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @yemideskitchen. Happy summer living y’all!!!