So the other day, we did something really crazy but it actually blew our minds…..are you ready for this? We made some “Curly Dogs”. What are those you ask? Well, this is what happens when you have left-overs and you don’t feel like cooking but you’re hungry. We had some brioche rolls that were about to go out of date, some left over Mince meat sauce and some shredded cheddar cheese. Yes, it’s totally random but we tried this experiment and we were pleasantly surprised. Here’s how we made our “Curly Dogs”.
INGREDIENTS: 2 – 3 Brioche rolls, left over Mince meat sauce, Shredded cheddar cheese (optional) and Butter spread.
- Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees – you’re going to need it soon.
- Grab 1 hot dog bun and make and at the centre, make an incision from the top to the bottom (making sure you don’t fully cut the bun in half – y’all know what I mean).
- Using a table knife, spread some butter lightly on both sides of the bun.
- With a tea spoon, gently place some mince meat sauce (recipe found on my previous blog post) on the buttered area (you can put as much as you want).
- Then sprinkle lightly some shredded cheese on top of the mince meat.
- Repeat Step One and Two till all you Hot dog buns are filled.
- Place your filled buns unto an oven tray and gently place inside the oven for 2 – 3 minutes.
- Carefully take out your buns from the oven and Viola! You are ready to munch.
Let us know how this recipe goes for you guys, send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or tag us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @yemideskitchen. Peace out y’all and stay safe!